German Doctors / Malisa Home – CODE OF CONDUCT
Code of Conduct serves as a compass which helps guide the personnel/practitioner in her professional working relationship – with her client, with her colleagues and her profession, with her agency, and with the public.
This written code of conduct sets forth basic principles which serve as a guideline to members/personnel of the organization. This also sets guidelines for relationship, if not specific duties to members/personnel, to each other, to their clients, and to the community.
Standard of ethical conduct
- The inherent worth and dignity of all persons emanating from a Supreme Being who directs our actions of love for one another;
- That every human being has natural and social rights, capacities and responsibilities to develop her/his full potentials as a human being; and
- The human being’s capacity to change and recognize the value of unity in diversity, individual differences and pluralism in society.
German Doctors / Malisa Home is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children involved in our program. All Malisa staff and partner program must read, agree to and abide by this Code of Conduct.
As a representative of German Doctors /Malisa Home, I hereby commit that:
- Always follow and uphold the guidelines in the German Doctors’ Child Protection Policy;
- Treat all clients with respect;
- Careful and thorough in dealing with clients problem;
- Be patient, tolerant, and considerate of the client’s point of view;
- Never discriminate against any client, giving so-called “hopeless” cases as much attention as promising ones;
- To act at all times with honesty, openness, and transparency in all my transaction;
- Cooperate in any activity for the achievement of the program goals;
- Create a safe and positive environment for children;
- Execute loyalty to the program;
- Immediately report, record and put into writing any concerns of conflict and abuse in accordance with the Reporting Procedure;
- Keep always in mind that as a staff/personnel/representative of German Doctors / Malisa Home I have to act as a role model to others and that I have to behave in a way that does not harm the reputation of the organization as a whole.
- Uphold the basic human rights of clients and serve them without discrimination;
- Accept primary responsibility and accountability to clients, respecting their right to self-determination, and observe confidentiality in all my dealings with them;
- Acknowledge and respect the professional expertise of other disciplines, extending all necessary cooperation that will enhance effective services; and
- Advocate with legislative and policy bodies for the welfare of all clients’ serve.
I will not:
- Engage in inappropriate physical contact with children including cuddling or abusive behavior like hitting and slapping;
- Use language that is inappropriate, harassing, abusive, sexually provocative or demeaning;
- Invite unaccompanied children into my home, residence or hotel;
- Develop relationship with children that could be deemed exploitative or abusive in any way;
- Engage in any form of sexual acts with children, including paying for sexual services;
- Request or share the personal contact details of children;
- Use computers, mobile phones, video cameras or photographic cameras to exploit or abuse children;
- Just oppose agency/organization policies without first discussing the matter with the appropriate person;
- Access inappropriate and illegal content such as child pornography.
- Use the power and influence of my position to abuse children.
I understand that a child is considered to be a person under the age of 18 years. I understand that mistaken belief of the age of the child is not a defense.
I understand that any breach of the Code of Conduct may result in my dismissal and judicial consequences according to German laws or the laws in the country where I am working.